Proof of Age
BC Soccer (our governing body) requires that all players U11 and Older have a valid BC Soccer ID number
. This number is used to register you as a member of the Association.
From BC Soccer:The youth age player shall be required when first applying for membership as a registered player, to provide proof of age, such as a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, citizenship papers, passport or other evidence acceptable to the Association. Documented proof of age may also be necessary from time to time.
All U11 and older players as well as any new players to VYSA or players who have not played for 2 years MUST provide a Proof of Age. This can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian permanent resident card, Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant papers (must be in English or translated). POA documents are treated confidentially and only used by the club Registrar to assign a BC Soccer ID. You may also be requested to demonstrate 5-years of continuous residence in Canada. You can provide your POA via our RAMP online registration system.
KYSA accepts allow almost any file type (PDF/JPEG/JPG/BMP/GIF). You must either know how to scan a document or take a photo with your smartphone/mobile. To enter a birth certificate while registering:
Scan or take a photo of your Birth Certificate.
- Enter our registration system at http://bit.ly/KYSAReg - if this is your first time registering you will need to create a parent/guardian account
- After entering the Athlete Information, you will reach the Registration Uploads page.
- Click "Choose File", search your computer for your POA picture - YOU MUST ALSO CLICK "UPLOAD"
- Continue registering like normal.
On this page there is also a note that says: If you do not have a birth certificate available right now, you can come back and add it after by clicking "Birth Certificates" in your Account Menu on the left.To enter a birth certificate after registering:
- Scan or take a photo of your Birth Certificate - save it to your computer or device
- Log into your registration system account at http://bit.ly/KYSAReg
- Click on Birth Certificates, in the Account menu on the left hand side
- Click "Birth Certificate" on the athlete you would like to add the birth certificate to.
- Click "Choose File", search your computer for your file - YOU MUST ALSO CLICK "UPLOAD"
When using a Permanent Resident Card for proof of age and citizenship, both the front and back of the card need to be copied. As PR cards are renewed every 5 years the front of the card doesn’t show the original date of issue, just the DOB and expiry date of that particular card.
As an example, if a card shows as expiring in 2017, on face value, it doesn’t meet the criteria of 5 years continuous residence in Canada. However, on the back, it would show the date that a PR card was first issued to this person. If this card was a renewal, all would be fine. If this card was really issued for the first time in 2012, the player would have to get an International Transfer Certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact the club Registrar at registrar[@]kysa[.]ca (please remove the square  brackets)