Founded in 1966, Killarney Youth Soccer Association is a 100% volunteer run organisation providing soccer to boys and girls from age 5 to 17.
Soccer season at Killarney is divided into two main seasons:
- Fall Season - September through March
- Fall registration runs early-April through mid-end of September
- Spring Season - mid-April to the end of June
- Spring registration runs from early-February through March 31st
If you require further information or have any questions please email: email@example.com
Looking for information regarding financial assistance? Please click here.
Ready to register? Please click here
Learn more about your correct age group at Soccer by Age
Some basic FAQ's about community soccer:
- Minis U6 - U10
- Aged 5 - 9 years and can typically register up to the start of the season in early September
- U6 and U7 teams play in house meaning that teams play other Killarney teams. U8 and up play against other local clubs. U6-U9 practice in gyms during the winter
- U6 - U7 teams are co-ed.
- From U8 boys teams and girls teams are separate. At U11 and up girls play on Sunday. Boys play on Saturday.
- All minis have a club-organized wrap-up at the end of the season
- Divisional ages is U11 and older but subdivided into 2 groups
- 8-Sided = U11 and U12
- Full Sided = U13 and older
- U11 and older girls games are on Sundays. Boys games are on Saturdays.
- Divisional players, U11 and up, need to contact the club coordinators and arrange assessments to make sure there is space on a team.
- Teams generally practice once a week and play once a week. Many teams U10 and up practice twice a week. Practice schedules will be set in the first week of the season.
- Players will be supplied with shorts, socks and a jersey. The jersey must be returned at the end of the season. Players must provide their own soccer cleats and shin guards.
Each team will have volunteer team officials consisting of a coach and manager and possibly assistant or co-coaches. All coaches and managers are volunteers and usually parents of players on the team. The coach will run practices and games. The team manager will pass on schedules to the team and assign duties such as snack and field lining to parents.
Older players, U13+, will often play on turf while younger players will play on grass and, if grass fields are closed, on gravel fields. Practice for older teams will also be on turf when available. Practice for U12 and younger will be on Killarney Oval or Killarney Gravel. Younger teams, U6-U9, will practice in school gyms during winter months.